Thursday, December 22, 2005

Still more cheesy pop culture blogging

What the heck, I'm on vacation.

Observations:


  • Utah Whitney once told me that I look like Juliette Lewis. As I'm watching Juliette Lewis host a VH1 special while I wrap Christmas presents, I do not believe that I look like her. I do sort of talk like her and make similar facial expressions, though. It's sort of creepy to look at her and note how I would look and come off if I were hip.

    Ah well.

  • Some lady from US Weekly just whined "It's like Meatloaf's I would do anything for Love, but I won't do that video. You never find out what THAT is..."

    In googling the lyrics, I discovered the Wikipedia Article also maintains that we can't know what "That" is.

    Weird. Seems very obvious to me from the lyrics in the end:


    [Woman:] After a while you'll forget everything
    It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling
    And you'll see that it's time to move on

    [Meatloaf:] I won't do that! No I won't do that!

    [Woman:] I know the territory, I've been around
    It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down
    And sooner or later, you'll be screwing around

    [Meatloaf:] I won't do that! No I won't do that!


    So the message is: I would do anything for love, except love someone who isn't you.

    Sounds reasonable enough to me. If I knew how to change the Wiki article, I would.

  • Madonna's new retro-70s look is really sort of cute.

  • The Pussycat Dolls is a former burlesque troupe who are now pop singers. The first time I walked into the new Victoria's Secret flagship store near my house, the Pussycat Dolls' first single, "Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was HOT like ME" was playing. I will forever associate the two. It's a stupid song and the band continues my tradition of liking bands with stupid names. (I really like the Butthole Surfers' music, but have real trouble saying their name.)

  • Weezer should let theCSO and I hang out with them. We would really fit in.


CC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and note how I would look and come off if I were hip.

Oh, come off it. You are terminally hip.
Half the stuff you talk about I have no idea who or what you are talking about -- isn't that the definition of hip?

Anonymous said...

Sounds reasonable enough to me. If I knew how to change the Wiki article, I would.

You should be able to just click the "Edit this Page" tab at the top of the page. That will take you to an edit screen.

Or is it the Wiki syntax that you are not sure how to edit? If that the case it's really not that hard, and there is a preview so you can see what the changes would look like before saving.

Chalicechick said...

Goodness, I hope you often know what I'm talking about. It would be nice to be hip, but I'd rather be clear.

I try to define who people are a little bit and write out "Chalice Significant Other" sometimes.

CC