Saturday, December 10, 2005

CC reccommends

"Gah," said the beautiful woman said to her friend at the party. "I try to date, but all the men are jerks."

"Have you tried dating an engineer?" I asked, because she's my friend too. "They are sweet, smart, and lots of them are funny. You know that your kids will study hard and get scholarships to college..."

"Yeah," she said in a voice totally devoid of enthusiasm. "I should really try that..."

"OK, so they're not big partiers... but they can fix things..."

Now admittedly, I am biased. TheCSO and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary two weeks ago, and the sixth anniversary of the first time we umm... became involved on December 6. The CSO is a systems engineer.*

I, of course, love the CSO. I think he's great.

But it fascinates me that I know several really beautiful girls looking for guys, but all my cloest male friends are nerds so they won't date them.

CC

*People have commented that theCSO resembles Patricia Arquette's husband on Medium both physically and in the way he and his wife interact. He's playing an engineer.

3 comments:

LaReinaCobre said...

Ha! Engineers. I just started seeing a systems analyst, and I am kind of in love with a computer engineer.

Not even a year ago I said I'd never date another "computer nerd" again. Ha.

indrax said...

But it fascinates me that I know several really beautiful girls looking for guys, but all my cloest male friends are nerds so they won't date them.

Any thoughts on why your girl friends are like that?

Chalicechick said...

Shrug. I could advance several theories, the most charitable of which is that I'm 27 and the friends I'm talking about are in their twenties and enjoy clubbing and partying.

Less social people don't typically enjoy that stuff.

CC