Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cold and rainy night

The calendar says it isn't winter yet, but mother nature didn't get the memo. There's snow on the ground and it is 34 degrees outside. According to Sue Palka the weather lady, the wind and rain makes it feel like 26 degrees. Sounds about right.

My cat Boris hurt his paw on Monday. I took him to the vet, the vet said it was a sprain and to give him painkillers.

I went to give him his painkiller tonight and couldn't find him. After extensive search, I found that he had nosed open a basement window.

He's escaped from the house plenty of times before and always come back. TheCSO isn't convinced that he's gone since Boris has been known to hide in the drop celing of the basement.

But I'm pretty sure Boris is out somewhere on this cold wet night.

I've gone outside and called for him several times, no luck.

Boris will be back, I'm pretty certain.

But thinking about him has me thinking of the people who have no place to go tonight.

I'm going to go call that cat again.

CC

2 comments:

indrax said...

Poor Boris! Do you think he'll learn his lesson?

I am glad to say I still have a place to go, but sadly, tonight I have joined you in the ranks of the unemployed. :-(

Do you still have stupid dog?

Chalicechick said...

I responded privately, but forgot to mention that my brother picked up stupid dog awhile ago.

CC