Sunday, November 05, 2006

You know, it's possible some groups of people just weren't meant to have a naked calendar...

So yesterday afternoon, TheCSO and I went to hang out at the game store that Honorary-sister-in-law Tina runs. This was, as I am sure you all know, Worldwide Dungeons and Dragons Day, so the store was packed. Tina's game store is not in fabulous shape and is owned by people who don't mind keeping it that way, but her counter is really old and in really bad condition and she has been complaining about it for months.

I suggested getting 12 people who play Role Playing Games together to pose for what we ended up naming "Natural 20:the Naked Gamer Calendar" as a fundraiser for the new counter.

We know a photographer, and we could certainly get together 12 funny-looking people to pose around the game store with their illegal parts creatively covered. After all, most gamers are rarely asked to be naked. TheCSO planned to be sitting next to a table with Dungeons and Dragons stuff, computer on his lap. I don't really play RPGs, but was included by default, so I planned to be over by the gaming books, shot from the waist up, turning sideways toward a camera and holding a copy of the Player's Handbook over my breasts.

One guy was pointing out how immoral and stupid it was, but kept getting caught up in the enthusiasm and making suggestions.

I'm guessing it's fun to talk about, but we're not actually going to do it.

CC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last sentence was really disappointing. You have let down your readers. Of course, your readers don't pay you to blog at all, much less to follow up when you make a proposal, but I will say that I bet you could have sold a lot of those calendars online. You could have paid for your 1st semester of law school textbooks on the profits after buying the new counter.

Chalicechick said...

Now, now, I realize my many testaments to theCSO's hotness may have aroused curiosity, but y'all are just going to have to take my word for it...

CC