Thursday, November 23, 2006

People who are way ahead of CC in the Thanksgiving department

include Peacebang, every one in my office (all of whom had started yesterday) and the future Mrs. LinguistFriend.

And probably everybody else in the world.

Ah well. We're eating at 8 because Jason has to work, so I'm not to worried about things. I have more cleaning than cooking to do. The cranberry mousse is started and the sweet potatoes are ready to go in the oven.

I've only had to make one "um... how do you work a vegetable steamer?" call to my Smart friend Pam, which is a good record for me. Actually not setting my napkin on fire in the middle of dinner would be an improvement on last year.

Oh, and we're sneaking out to the Jame Bond movie in a little bit.

CC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read your post I am sitting here, taking a break before cutting greenbeans. The turkey is done (earlier than expected), the stuffing is done. the Southwestern Polenta Semi-Souffle is done. the tea equipment is in the car, including extra water (not tap). The centerpiece and tablecloths are in the car. It's 1:45, we need to leave at 2:30 or 2:45.