Thursday, September 15, 2005

CSO, prepare yourself, you're getting a night at the theatre

While checking out the Kennedy Center website for potential shows for clients to take lobbyists to (translation: working), I discovered that Christine Baranski is coming to the Kennedy Center in March as the title character in the new production of Mame.

The Kennedy Center does indeed sucketh mightily in CC's opinion. (We got a giant gold head of JFK. We classy! And the architecture? Don't even get me started...)

But I cannot frigging wait to see Baranski, who has kicked ass in everything I've ever seen her in excepting that one Saturday Night Live episode that I'm trying to block out.

Any UU Baranski fans want to make an evening of this? Scrambled eggs and dessert at my house afterwards...


CC
who really does think that an evening of Christine Baranski and dessert with me is worth traveling to DC from whereever you live.

1 comment:

PeaceBang said...

I saw La Baranski as Mrs. Lovett in "Sweeney Todd" at the Kennedy (c'mon, you don't like the chipped beef bust of Kennedy?)a few years ago. It was an EVENT, but that still didn't make her a very good Mrs. Lovett. Her dialect was bad and her singing weak, but she's a force of nature and loads of fun.

However, I saw Ms. Baranski as Helena in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in Central Park in 1982 and she was effervescent, brilliant, utterly charming and totally unforgettable.
I'd LOVE to see her as "Mame." God, I might just try to make it.