Saturday, June 16, 2007

Eight things about CC

Mom to the Left tagged me a long time ago and I was like "hmmm, that's cool, I should write that."

And then I forgot.

But Jess reminded me yesterday.

1. I achieved my career dreams once and it was a terrible experience. I wanted to be a reporter for a long time and finally landed a reporting job when I was several years out of college. I sucked at it, my boss was incredibly mean, which made me suck at it more, I lived in this crappy little town on $18,000 a year and my boss had decreed I wasn't supposed to have friends. I'm hoping law works out a little better for me.

2. I once had a pleasing romantic experience with Sophie B. Hawkins' Whaler album playing in the background and I now find that album calms me down and centers me when I need it.

3. I'm rereading Robertson Davies' The Manticore and discovering I really didn't understand it the first few times I read it.

4. A few days after I got in to Georgetown Law, my husband said we should go buy a Nintendo Wii as a celebration of my achievement. I thought it was one of those things where a present for me is really a present for him, but I love the Wii and I play it all the time. Wii golf has made me want to learn to play real golf.

5. I love elephants and have several drawings and prints of them in whimsical situations in my house, though I really don't want to be one of those people who has a favorite animal and has stuff with that animal on it everywhere. But I do like my elephant art. My favorite is in my library. The CSO called up the artist, told him what he wanted, and the artist made it for me. I will put up a picture later.

6. The CSO and I were against having kids, and it was questionable whether I could, but we may reconsider after law school. We have names picked out and thinking about those names gives me a weird rush of maternal oomph. I blame biology, but it's an interesting effect.

7. I am a minimally-accomplished knitter and sometimes make lumpy little scarves and hats for dear friends.

8. I really feel that I could live on nectarines if it were necessary.

CC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do yourself a favor and read Viktor Frankl's " Viktor Frankl Recollections : An Autobiography. This is a great (short) book about a man who found meaning in his suffering.

PG said...

"4. A few days after I got in to Georgetown Law, my husband said we should go buy a Nintendo Wii as a celebration of my achievement. I thought it was one of those things where a present for me is really a present for him, but I love the Wii and I play it all the time. Wii golf has made me want to learn to play real golf."

I bought a Wii for my fiance and me after he got a law firm job he really wanted. It's been great because he likes video/ computer games and I normally don't, but we both love playing Wii games together. Destroying Las Vegas in Rampage is awesome -- almost as much fun as kicking his ass in Wii boxing ;-) It's living with him now as his study break from the bar.