Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In a freakish sort of way, that's sweet...

We here at the Chaliceblog have mixed feelings on Madonna. Anyone who tries as hard to shock people as she does is sort of pathetic, but she is great blogfodder, so I'm always quick to read gossip columns about her. I had an unusual reaction to this today.

I was kinda touched.

It seems Madonna's father attended her concert in Chicago the other day, so she seriously toned down her act. Sources report far less swearing and she only gave the audience the finger once!

Late in the show, she asked the audience to applaud extra loud "so her dad would know she's made something of herself."

That is so deserving of snark, yet, awww...

CC

3 comments:

LaReinaCobre said...

What I don't understand is how anyone attending a Madonna concert could be "offended" by her flipping the bird and using the F word. I mean, it's Madonna. And how old are these people?

Chalicechick said...

But if you were Madonna's dad, watching her do some of that stuff might be sort of weird.

I don't cuss in front of my dad either.

CC

Bill Baar said...

If she we're my kid, I'd be chuckling at the fools who paid to see her swear and flip them the finger...

By the time your kid's this age, you've seen so much weirdness, that if their getting big bucks for it...it's way ok.

You're not proud...but you're not ashamed either...life is too weird.