Thursday, June 15, 2006

CC swears, shakes fist at computer

Dammit, the Supreme Court's decision in Hudson V. Michigan just affirmed the right of the police to perform no-knock police raids. OK, more accurately, it said police weren't supposed to perform no-knocks, but that the exclusionary rule shouldn't apply if they do.

This is not a good thing, y'all.

And it is only going to get the police killed, IMHO.

If I'm a drug dealer and someone comes barging into my house with no warning, they are there for two reasons:

1. They are the cops and they are there to arrest me. Killing one of them will only make the situation worse. I'm better off spending what reaction time I have running away and/or flushing my stash down the toilet.

2. They are rival drug dealers out to steal my stuff. They will kill me if I don't kill them first, so I'd better kill them.

Goodness knows I've never been a drug dealer before, but that certainly seems like a logical way to approach the situation.

So it is absolutely in the cops' best interest to knock, essentially.

CC

Ps. Here's The Cato Institute's amicus brief on the issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Suzyn, I still picture you as tall and skinny with stringy black hair and chandelier earrings.
What can we do about that?

I agree with you on that ruling's being really bad. Joyce was raving about it this morning.
This kind of stuff is the difference between what this group would do and what real Americans (left or right) would do.

Chalicechick said...

Well, you will probably have to learn to live with disappointment because I don't look anything like that.

I'm tallish, 5'7", but not tall. I'm quite chubby. My hair is longish as theCSO has won his campaign to get me to grow it out, which does indeed leave it stringy. It's brunette but I'm thinking of dyeing it chestnut again. My skin is pale and freckled and I think reddish hair ads more visual interest.

When I visited London once, I was struck by how what is bred in the bone will out in the flesh. I look just like the brown-haired, blue-eyed, pale skinned English girls I saw there, down to a slightly frumpy taste in clothing. But TheCSO is the one who has a Britishy accent.

I don't have pierced ears. I don't have pierced anything anymore. I typically wear glasses and my engagement ring and rarely a necklace.

It's 90 degrees here in VA, so I'm in a black camisole top and a flippy skirt. I'm stretched out on the bed talking on the phone as I type. I was wearing a cardigan and sandals earlier and abandoned both in my library on the way in here.

CC

Anonymous said...

To me, 5'7" is pretty tall -- I reached almost 5'3" at my tallest (tallest woman in my family though). Pale was in my picture of you. Isn't it funny how some people like long hair even if it's stringy? When I was 19 my hair was long enough to sit on, and not stringy (though very straight and fine; dark brown with red highlights. The only time in my life I've ever been in with the fashion.) Now it's just shorter than shoulder length, but that's as short as I can get it without Joyce objecting -- even though I look better with it short. I'm fat now too, though at your age I was skinny. I was slender till the hormones attacked.
Try as I might, I just can't picture you chubby. You don't SOUND chubby. How's that for irrational?