Monday, January 28, 2008

Pout. CC feels yucky.

I'm having a weird allergy thing. It's been bugging me for a couple of days. I cough a lot, sneeze some and feel exhausted and cranky. Whatever productivity I have today is solely the result of spicy pad thai* and sugar-free Red Bull.

Oh, and the murder mystery dinner theater rocked mightily and raised big money for those kids in El Salvador. I will have a more complete account later.

I'm going to take another slurp of Red Bull and go back to drafting the complaint I was working on. But before I do, shall we practice the traditional Chalicechick self-care exercise and watch the "Alan Rickman 'I'm too Sexy" YouTube video?



Ah. Feeling better already.

CC

*Spicy pad thai cleans out my sinuses. LinguistFriend told me last night that his father, a veteran of many 1950s-era civil rights marches, reported much the same effect from tear gas. The Chalicerelative, a veteran of many protest marches of the same sort, gave me strict orders as a kid to walk calmly and directly away from any police officers and/or violence I ever saw at a protest march. So far so good, I've never been gassed.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I love pad thai. I could eat it three times a day. Or maybe alternatve burrito-pad thai.

Lilylou said...

Ah, now I'm feeling better too, and I wasn't even feeling yucky. Zing goes the strings of my heart! It may be time for another Alan Rickman Netflix revue.

epilonious said...

I love that video because it has at least 3 of those "Loreal, because I'm worth it" hair flips.

Anonymous said...

I was tear gassed in basic training. It was horrific of course, which is the point.

2 points...

1) it does clean out the sinuses, usually whatever is in there ends up on your shirt

2) it is something everyone should have an opportunity to experience at least once, just to say you did.