Answering IntenseElizabeth's meme:
1. Yesterday, I got a splinter on my lip from a chopstick. Grrr. The splinter’s gone now, and the stir-fry and brown rice were almost worth it, though.
2. I have such a bad record of assuming that unreliable and obnoxious people can change that TheCSO likes to say that I should get a job at GE touching hot stoves to make sure they’re still hot.
3. TheCSO and I have a very set pattern when it comes to early adoption of technological things. Before we get it, he says we have to have it, I say we don’t need it. After we get it, he forgets about it and I use it every day.
4. I love elephants and the elephant sanctuary in Tennessee is one of my favorite charities.
5. When I was something like five, I ate shrimp with catsup until I made myself sick. For the next ten years, I could eat neither shrimp nor catsup, though I’m OK with both now.
6. I’ve shaken hands with John McCain and liked him at the time.
7. I had an ok novella published by my college press, and have a mediocre novel gunking up my hard drive. One day, I’d like to write detective novels.
8. Katharine Hepburn was my childhood hero. Robertson Davies is my adulthood hero, though I still have great respect for Kate.
9. When I retire, I want to run a Christmas tree farm. TheCSO does not. Luckily, we have decades to work this out.
10. The only diet soda I can stand is sugar free Red Bull, but I could drink that all day.
11. TheCSO and I are naming our cats in alphabetical order. So far, we’ve had Agatha and Boris, our current cats are Cool Disco Dan, Dr. Frank-n-furter, Esperanto and Ursus. We didn’t name Ursus.
12. I really liked Las Vegas and I look forward to going back.
13. I almost never watch TV without a laptop in front of me.
14. I think “Confederacy of Dunces” is one of the best things ever written. Ditto the “Declaration of Independence”
15. When I’m feeling down, I go to the movies. It helps more often than not.
16. I hated science in school, but I think about it a lot. I like to imagine the forces on things and that I can feel electrons zipping back and forth to balance things out. I’m kind of a nerd.
17. I’m a sucker for homeless people asking me for money and charitable appeals of all types.
18. I’ve been experimenting with carrying only cash rather than a card or checkbook.
19. My favorite word is “lagniappe.” I also like “googled” and “if”
20. I’m mildly claustrophobic.
21. I don’t pay much attention to celebrity romances, usually, but I would be sad if Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DeRossi broke up.
22. I am really looking forward to the biopic about the Notorious B.I.G. and I’m not sure why. I really don’t know anything about rap music at all, though I suspect I can learn a lot from the movie. The preview intrigued me. I suspect I will end up seeing it alone.
23. I tried to read “Twilight” to see what all the fuss was about, and I got bored and didn’t get through it. I should probably try again.
24. I have more than twice as many mutual facebook friends with Jana-who-creates as I do mutual facebook friends with theCSO.
25. I really don’t like Atlanta, but I love Epilonious. So far my dislike of Atlanta has mostly won. Thank goodness for IM.