Sunday, April 09, 2006

Remember when conseratives LIKED hardworking, very religious people with closeknit families?

When I start feeling too libertarian, I go off and reread The Road to Wigan Pier. Which is not to say that I am a big Orwell fan. Honestly, I think the best thing to come out of "1984" was that really badass Macintosh commercial. (Seriously, if you don't remember it, go have a look at the quicktime version through the link. It's worth it. It was directed by the dude who did Blade Runner and it seriously kicks ass.)

Anway, I don't think even think a rereading of "The Road to Wigan Pier" would make me feel sympathy for this guy.


CC

Thinking "oh my goodness, that commercial is 22 years old!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I can't tell from this just what your position is on this issue. Are you the CC that left that comment on the "Crystal Clear" site, or is that CC from whoever wrote "Crystal Clear"? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with the person who said "it's just business"?

Chalicechick said...

Crystal Clear apparently doesn't want immigration and likes the guy on the video. I am the CC who left the comment and disagrees.

CC