Friday, April 21, 2006

If you thought the men were afraid of YOU...

I have several friends who subscribe to the Maureen Dowd theory that men are easily intimidated creatures who won't date strong women. (Seriously, Jewish guys, call me. I know a gorgeous woman who manages stores for Bennetton and wants to open up one in Tel Aviv. Too cool.)

Anyway, if you fear scaring the men away because you're a lawyer, or you read three languages, or you always know who did it on CSI halfway through or whatever, do not fear, it could be worse.

Madeline Albright can leg press 400 pounts.

Poor girl is never going to land herself a man that way.

CC

Ps. Ok, Ok, I fixed it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was visualizing some massive biceps on that woman until I saw the article--she can leg press 400 pounds. That's still quite a lot, but women do tend to have stronger leg muscles than they do upper...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bench pressing 400 pounds is a feat...and it's almost impossible to bench press twice your own weight, and I don't think she weighs more than 150.

LaReinaCobre said...

I know quite a few (males) who subscribe to the belief that other (men) are intimidated by intelligent, self-possessed women. I tend to believe it myself. I think most people are insecure and women, too, are intimidated by confident men. I used to fret about this quite a bit, but I now also subscribe to the notion that one doesn't need "scores of suitors; you only need one - if he's the right one." (Courtesy of Kirsten Dunst in Little Women)

Anonymous said...

That was one of the things I liked about Mensa -- those men are generally not intimidated by intelligent or accomplished women. They may have other problems, but hey....