Sunday, April 30, 2006

For What It’s Worth, I do understand “Jesus take the Wheel”

Some months ago, I put up a post making fun of Carrie Underwood’s song “Jesus take the Wheel.”

Since then, I have gotten comments off and on, a couple every months, telling me how stupid I am and how I don’t understand the metaphor. You can look at them here.

Finally, I got sick of it and posted this comment:

You know, just because I don’t like the song doesn’t mean I don’t understand it. The message is exactly the same as that of another song, Amazing Grace.

Yes, the woman once was lost and now she’s found, was blind but now she sees.

Amazing Grace is beautiful and powerful in its simplicity. The author of Amazing Grace didn’t have to resort to a ridiculous metaphor to make his point. Carrie Underwood did.

I’m not insulting y’alls faith. I’m saying it deserves better than a syrupy, crappy song like that one.


CC


I wonder if that will stop it.

CC

No comments: