Thursday, August 11, 2005

The stars are against me

This was my horoscope this morning:

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

After mating for the first and only time, a young queen ant burrows underground, where she lays about 20 eggs a day for 10 years. Sometimes you remind me of her, Cancerian--lately, for instance. You have been animated by an almost insatiable drive to create. You've been spinning out little miracles and making everything fresh again and again and again. The astrological omens say you'll need to take a break soon. Do this under your own power, please, so that fate doesn't have to force you to do it.


Does that sound like blogging or what?

CC

3 comments:

fausto said...

Don't know if it sounds like blogging, but it does sound like a rational humanist has taken to consulting horoscopes.

If this can happen, can the End Times be far behind? Now that I've finished Harry Potter, maybe I'll go check out the Left Behind series after all....

indrax said...

Free Will Astrology is awesome. Always entertaining, much better that the usual vacuous newspaper fare. Of course it's always universally good advice that somehow seems to apply especially to you. Unfortunately, they are only weekly.

My guess is CC stumbled upon it while searching for information on 'reverse paranoia' from her previous post. The author of free will astrology now has a book: PRONOIA Is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings

Chalicechick said...

Good guess. Wrong, though.

I stumbled upon Free Will Astrology about five years ago and have read it fairly faithfully ever since. I don't really believe it, but sometimes it is so very well-written that it leaves me slightly gaping at the screen.


I was kidding about blogging, though. Partially mocking myself as I used to do a great deal of creative work and right now, this is about it.

CC
who has been somewhat curious about the Left Behind series herself. Fausto, I'll read the first one and review it if you do.