Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sounds great on paper

My grandmother duty intersected with my cousin's yesterday. She had brought along her eleven year old daughter, who has actual potential to be cool. The kid was complaining that she still hadn't done her summer reading.

I nearly said "Don't put off your summer reading to the night before the first day of school or you'll end up like me."

And then I thought "Yeah, you'll end up a party planner married to a guy who is much cuter than you are."

So I made fun of the Scarlet Letter instead. Eveery kid hates the Scarlet Letter. it went over big.


CC

6 comments:

fausto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fausto said...

Hey, watch it! A Famous UU wrote that!

TheCSO said...

I *liked* The Scarlet Letter. As a kid, too..

(Yes, CC and I have had this argument before.)

Donna said...

Hey, I liked The Scarlet Letter! Of course, I was in college when I read it. I wonder if I would have liked it in high school.

Anonymous said...

I liked The Scarlet Letter too. Especially the ending. Kindof ironic.
I've even recommended it a few times.

Anonymous said...

That last post was me -- I hit a wrong key apparently.
--Kim