Sunday, March 30, 2008

Alternative GA boycotting

I had been kicking around going on my church's summer service trip to fix up houses in New Orleans until I realized that it was the same week as GA.

I'm less into GA this year than I have been in the past. A lot of my friends aren't going, I'm not speaking at a workshop this year.

But I still am planning to go.

Still, it bums me out that my church's work trip to El Salvador always conflicts with GA, and the New Orleans trip is another thing I can't do.

Anyway, I got to thinking. I know lots of people have said they aren't going to GA because of the ID issue. If people want to boycott GA, they can do it, but instead of staying home that week, I wish they would take the time and money they are going to spend and help out other people.

As I used to live in NOLA, I'm helping a little but with trying to recruit people to go on the trip. So I'm going to go ahead and extend the invitation to Chalicesseurs.

If you're boycotting GA and would like to do something really valuable with that week, shoot me an email and I would be happy to hook you up with the group in my church that is planning to go. If New Orleans and El Salvador in June aren't to your liking, there are lots of other charitable projects that could use some volunteers.

CC

No comments: