Wednesday, June 15, 2005

CC's scientifically selected joke.

Technological spiffiness.

If you go to Jester a collaborative filtering project by some folks at Berkley, their system will select a joke for you.

You sign up, rate 15 jokes on their funniness and it starts giving you joke it thinks you will like.

It's number one joke for me was:

A guy goes into confession and says to the priest, "Father, I'm 80 years old, widower, with 11 grandchildren. Last night I met two beautiful flight attendants. They took me home and I made love to both of them. Twice."
The priest said: "Well, my son, when was the last time you were in confession?"
"Never Father, I'm Jewish."
"So then, why are you telling me?"
"I'm telling everybody."


And I thought it was pretty funny.

CC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried it. They couldn't find a joke for me. I think I'm too inconsistant, or my criteria were invisible to their categories. (I'm not much into sex or violence, but i'm not a prude either. No category.) They did try to feed me a bunch of puns, which would have worked if they had been good puns....