(I don't know whether the editor at UU World sees the ads in advance, particularly since they have a system in place where you reserve your ad space and don't have to submit your ad immediately. If you're a stickler for detail, you might want to pretend to be the business manager. That's up to you.)
Which ads would you take? Which ads would you refuse? Why? Feel free to only address the ones you would refuse. I know the list is long, I kept coming up with new ideas:
- a moderately-phrased ad from a Pro-life group that appeals to the emotions of readers with a headline like "a person is a person no matter how small"
-an ad from a UU reiki practitioner extolling the benefits of Reiki and selling classes on reiki
- An ad from a non-UU Christian group that urges social justice action in God's name
"Thy will be done on Earth' is a call to action."
- An ad from a tobacco company advertising their product for native American-style rituals.
- A less-moderately phrased ad from a pro-life group that says something like "Everyone who supported slavery was free; everyone who supports abortion is already born."
- An ad from a UU Christian group that encourages people in trouble to reach out tho Christ. Something like "Dear God: I have a problem. It's me."
-An ad from an animal rights group that says "Stop kidding yoursef, animal slaughter is murder, go vegan."
- An ad from an organization of reform Jews encouraging people to convert to Judaism