Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I really wish this story happened less often

Intervene when a police officer is doing something wrong? Get a ticket.

I once had a cop give me a ticket for having an expired registration and then ride his motorcycle DOWN THE SIDEWALK to the next street where he could turn into traffic because apparently merging into traffic was too much trouble.

I didn't even bother to register a complaint because I figured no one would listen to me since the man had just given me a ticket. Now I wish I had.

CC

4 comments:

Robin Edgar said...

Intervene when a U*U minisiter is doing something wrong? Get a kicked out of the church. . .

Chalicechick said...

So you got kicked out of the church the moment you intervened?

Because that's when this person got his ticket.

Robin Edgar said...

That me be so CC. The dynamic is similar, if not identical, even if it took a bit longer. Anyone who bothers to enter into a free and *responsible* search for the truth about why I got kicked out will see that it was because I complained about U*Us Know Who's behavior. I was temporarily kicked out for writing one more letter of grievance than the Board wanted to through in the trash can and later permanently expelled for "going public". As you may recall former UUA President Rev. Dr. John Buehrens threatened me with expulsion very early in the conflict.

Chalicechick said...

(((That me be so CC.)))

Well, that's what it said in the article.

I'm pretty certain that if the guy had only gotten his ticket after writing multiple letters of grievance, the article would have mentioned that.

CC