1. Preview before the show had yet another disaster movie where the White House gets destroyed. That never fails to get me in my gut. I could be frogmarched to another country and forced to spend the rest of my days there, and destroying the White House would still mean destroying home to me.
2. Alan Rickman didn't have as many scenes as he probably should have, but he sizzled when he was onscreen, at least partially because there weren't any scenes of him being pointlessly petty, which always detracted from the hotness of the movie.
3. Some of the changes that the movie script made improved the movie, most in subtle ways though one in a quite significant one. If anybody still cares, ask me in a week or so.
4. Years ago when I was liveblogging the Harry Potter books as I read them, I thought two scenes would be straight up awesome in the movies: the "Weasley twins drop out of Hogwarts and advertise their business" scene in book five and the "A pissed-off Hermione makes little birds appear in the air, and then sends them flying at Ron" in book six. I didn't think that the movie of five did justice to the Weasley twin exit, but I have no complaints about what the book six movie did with the birds.
5. The girl who plays Lavender Brown is REALLY hilarious. She totally overacts yet is somehow completely believable in her character.
6. Ron is kind of the butt monkey in this movie. OK, he usually sort of is, but it's doubly true in this one.