Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ten more Iphone-worthy songs

Since the last post on the subject was pretty popular, here’s some more examples of my crappy taste in music. Don't have all of them on my phone yet.

1. Avenue Q – “What do you do with a BA in English?”
I think of this song as “it sucks to be me.” Either way, it’s the opening part where Princeton arrives on Avenue Q and meets everyone. I think it would be the greatest act ever for my church’s winter cabaret if it were only a bit more politically correct. But it’s way not.

2. Poe – “Rose is a Rose”
I’m not entirely sure where this song came from as it isn’t on any of her albums and not in Itunes. It just showed up among theCSO’s MP3s one day. But it is most sexy and awesome.

3. The Judds- “Rockin’ with the Rhythm of the Rain”
If it doesn’t make you want to dance and/or learn to play guitar, you must be made of stone. I am not made of stone.

4. Cake-“Short Skirt/Long Jacket” Though I would NEVER trade an MG for a white Chrysler LeBaron

5. Portishead - “Sour Times” Yes, I was a college kid in the 90’s. How did you know?

6. Soul Miner’s Daughter – “Bodies” Ok, this one is hella obscure. It’s from this funky little band it Atlanta that no longer exists. (And it’s not in iTunes) But if I played it for you, you would love it.

7. The Dead Milkmen – “You’ll dance to anything” Depeche Mode had it coming.

8. Radiohead – “My Iron Lung” I loved “Creep,” too, but I love this self-parody even more

9. Amy Winehouse – “Love is a losing game” So much talent in that girl. I hope she gets it together, yet still keeps making amazing music.

10. Yo La Tengo – “Sometimes I don’t get you” For the piano solo and for many better reasons.

No comments: