Wednesday, October 19, 2005

cranky

Yep, still in pain and add Kava Kava and pressure points to the list of things that don't work, at least on me, at least right now.

My test prep company couldn't find a substitute so I had to teach algebra with huge screaming pain in my head. By the time class was over, I could have fallen asleep right there. Of course now that it's the middle of the night I'm wide awake again.

After a long day at work, I went to check on the ChaliceRelative, then I actually did a pretty good job of teaching despite everything. My minister is preaching on stoicism on Sunday and for a few minutes tonight I actually entertained the thought that I could feel smug as I listened before remembering that I had regaled the entire internet with my tale of woe. Oh well.

I'm trying not to mention it at work (I think it's a good sign that I'm coming off as not too dramatic when people think brain tumor* jokes are still funny. WtF people?)

But I'm being all needy and lame around TheCSO and my assorted pals. And that's not good. Now that I've had it for a week, I am starting to wonder if I should be trying to eatablish a new headache normal. I mean, giving myself special treatment because I have a headache is getting old. Earlier in the week the answer to "How long have you had the headache?" was "a couple of days." Now it's "Since Thursday." On Friday the answer will become "Since last Thursday."

I think by the time the answer becomes "Since October" my friends will be a little tired of me being snappish and bitchy for no reason.

All right, NOW I'm being melodramatic. So maybe that's a sign I should curl up in bed and give sleeping another shot.

CC

*For the record, my headaches are worst in the afternoon and early evening while the warning sign for a brain tumor is when they are worst in the morning, I'm not vomiting, no seizures or weird weaknesses and the optometrist didn't see any signs of increased intracranial pressure. But it still scares the shit out of me that I can't remember recent things well when I'm normally then one who remembers everything. Intellectually, I realize this is because my brain is spending a lot of time these days going "Ow ow ow ow ow ow"but it is still freaky. Upshot: Not funny.


Ps. Apologized to theCSO for being such a whiner recently. He responded "You've been much worse before with less reason." I'm such a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Kim said...

i don't want to be depressing, but warning signs are one of those things that are accompanied with the word "usually". "Usually" does not equal "always."
I have experienced one of those "98% of the time...." when I was in the other 2%. If it persists, you need some appropriate kind of brain scan to make sure. Here's hoping it's just that virus someone mentioned....