Saturday, January 20, 2007

Streamlining our Nominations

First off, mucho thanks to everyone who nominated the Chaliceblog for various UU blog awards. We like validation here and it delighted our little competitive souls to be the most relentlessly nominated UU blog.

But LF and I have conferred and we're withdrawing from a few contests. We're pulling "If you've just joined a new faith, nobody gives a damn what you think of your old one," "Steinmetz and His Minister" and "Thoughts one has looking through a book of Renoir paintings in the waiting room of a hospice as a close friend gets her morphine drip changed," leaving "In My Father's Synagoge" as the sole entrant in the "Best Anecdote or Narrative - Single entry" category from the Chaliceblog.

Also, I thank kindly the person who tapped me for "Best Commenter" for my comments here, but I'm going to pull out of that category too.

CC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I didn't think of "If you've just joined a new faith, nobody gives a damn what you think of your old one" as anecdote/ narrative -- I remember it as more argumentative/ analytical. Going back and looking at it now, it still seems that way to me. I thought it was a great post. Pity that the UU Blog Awards don't seem to have a category for that, just the theological, cultural, political commentaries, because yours was a little bit of all three and not exactly any of the above.