1. The world is really freaking quiet. Maybe we humans just make a
lot of noise because quiet reminds us of death.
2. It's amazing what sounds profound at 8am when you're cold.
3. Why do people run out and buy milk when it is about to snow? Any
snowstorm worth its salt will knock out power and turn off the fridge.
I guess you can put your milk in the snow, but still, what's the
4. It only seems to ever snow on the weekends here in Washington.
It's like Camelot in reverse.
5. As a kid, I loved it when the snow piled up and weighted down the
branches of the Ewe bushes. It formed ice caves.
6. Blogging from a blackberry while one's power is out from a
snowstorm irrationally gives one a sense of victory over nature. But
I'm still cold.
"And she suddenly realized that what she thought was freedom and joy
was nothing but anarchy and sloth."
--Norman Juster's "The Dot and the Line"