Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oddest Classified Ad Ever

I've been looking for some volunteer work so I can spend part of my free time doing something for other people. When life isn't going well, I find that doing something for people who have bigger problems than I do is a big help in keeping perspective.

The "Volunteer" section of the paper today had this ad:

DANGEROUS THREATENING RISK assessment volunteer wanted to investigate liberal agenda catering to lowest common denominator, cowardice, and government reward system for irresponsible mutants- liberals@mentaldisorder.com.

The website that the email address originates from is even odder.

Ah well.

Not that it wasn't tempting and all, but I emailed a soup kitchen and a women's shelter instead.

CC

2 comments:

TheCSO said...

Not quite Time Cube, but close..

Robin Edgar said...

Not that it wasn't tempting and all, but I emailed a soup kitchen and a women's shelter instead.

Good for you CC. I used to do quite a bit of volunteer work at a soup kitchen here in Montreal. I was even hired as an employee to do PR for them for a bit. Politics and a badly delayed renovation project got in the way in the end and I have not volunteered there since. I went down to the place yesterday and offered to take pictures for them if they needed and I may do some more hands on stuff as well. . .

It's a very nice place that has a home-like atmosphere albeit not quite as home-like as it was before the major renovations that took several years to complete.

Here is their web site -

http://www.benedictlabre.org