Monday, April 18, 2005

CC the Unfun

So I just got accused of getting "more Republican every day" because I thought this was lame.

I'm sorry, but how much of a twit do you have to be to use your time that way?

Part of me (the part who sees herself as somewhere between the sexy, urbane poet/courtesan in Dangerous Beauty and, well, Tank Girl) is worried that I'm turning into a mature, reasonable human being. Part of me (the part that has noticed that in reality, I'm a lot like Elaine May in A New Leaf ) thinks it's about bloody time. The first part of me has a rather low opinion of the second part of me and vice versa.

CC

7 comments:

Josh said...

Sorry you think I'm a twit, but thanks for think nonetheless so that you can let others decide for themselves.

May all your hobbies be completely purposeful and useful to the greater good, and may you have no desire to please or amuse anyone.

jf

Josh said...

Er, sorry that should be "thanks for the link." Maybe I am a twit for not previewing things before I post.
jf

Art said...

Well, when bookslut starts linking to the chaliceblog, and saying that it may be the coolest site on the web, then maybe CC will have an excuse to call you a twit.

Chalicechick said...

Now, now, there's no need to pile on.

For the record, Josh's sarcasm aside, I thought his response was quite classy and untwitlike.

CC
who has been called worse.

Josh said...

Hello ChaliceChick-

I got your email apology but managed to accidentally discard it before I could reply, and I don't see an email address here for you, so I must apologize back at you in public. Sorry if it ruins your rep. Anyway, sorry I misinterpreted things, and sorry I was so thin-skinned. For it's worth, I heart UUs (though I am not one myself, and did find Unitarian Jihad thing kind of funny).

jf

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to figure out what the lameness- or not- has to do with being Republican??

Joel Monka

Chalicechick said...

I think the implication was that anybody who doesn't read the comics must be stuffy and unfun.

And we all know how stuffy and unfun Republicans are.

Whatever.

CC